Saturday, April 5, 2014

New! Katerina Mertikas Wall Letters


 (This is my daughter Devyn. More than happy to model with this letter to show it's size she expects to become famous for having her picture on the internet.)

We artists are a funny bunch. For a lot of us it takes us years to actually admit that we even ARE artists. It's funny looking back. I've always been good at art. Always. My entire life people would say, "You're an artist!" and I'd feel uncomfortable with that title because I just didn't think I was good enough to deserve it. So I'd reply with, "Well, I can draw pretty good."

Years into a life where I've made my art my actual profession I can finally admit that yes, I am indeed an artist and a professional one at that. But man, I am hard on myself. We sure are our own worst critics. I'm constantly picking my own work apart, figuring out what I would do differently the next time and looking for ways to improve. The worst is looking at other artist's work. EVERYONE seems better than me!

So I have to admit that I got a kick out of Katerina Mertikas when we first started chatting. Here was this FAMOUS, PROFESSIONAL, AWARD-WINNING artist and she was telling me how great MY art was! What?!?! I LOVE her stuff. I did not feel worthy to be in the company of such greatness! SHE is great. Me? Meh, I'm ok I guess.....

We chatted back and forth quite a bit. We wanted to make sure we could created a product that everyone would love and after a few days I believe we accomplished what we set out to do. Actually, I didn't do much. All I did was send her some BIG letters (30 inches high these babies stand!) and she worked her magic! It has to be magic. I'm not sure how else to explain their beauty!

We started with three designs and this is what they are. Aren't they beautiful? Pictures do not do them justice. They are so vivid, so bold. As a color-lover I can't stop staring at them!


 Ballet Tutus which features REAL gems stones and lots of glitter!

 Practicing With My Puppy Nearby a personal favorite. My son wants this one! Also, a little-known secret about me? I HATE painting hockey scenes. I don't know why but I just don't like it! This should work out well since she loves painting hockey!


New Umbrella which also has sparkly glitter and the most vivid colors you will see!

 These letters are exclusive to Bouncing Off The Walls so you will not find them anywhere else. We welcome commissions so please let us know if there's something you would like to see.

To learn more about Katerina Mertikas and her work click here.
To purchase click here.
And of course, you are also welcome to pin!


No comments:

Post a Comment